• UNKNOWN LAND

    Welcome to clandestine places which have not yet been fully explored, places keeping their stories and full of legends. This is a project about unusual places in Kaliningrad region, the project will be extended.

  • UNKNOWN LAND

    Burial mound Georgenswalde. According to some sources, this structure made of rocks served as an altar. Many centuries ago, pagan rites were held there. It is an archeological monument belonging to Iron Age, VIII BC.

  • UNKNOWN LAND

    Borstenstein – a split rock, more familiar as the Rock of Lie, can theoretically be attributed to the Bronze Age, i.e. 4000 years ago. We can find the following statement in F. Borbstadt’s article on ‘rocks of lies’ and ‘oaks of hangmen’: ‘A legend says that a liar cannot pass this rock: it’s halves join in and squash the liar’. In those and later pagan times, the rock could have been used as a ‘gate’ – a portal for initiations and possibly for sacrifices.

  • UNKNOWN LAND

    The Baltic spit in Kaliningrad region. The biggest defense system in Eastern Prussia was located there during the Third Reich. The coastal artillery battery Neutief was a two-level bunker for targeting and ammunition for the first gun.

  • UNKNOWN LAND
    Coastal artillery battery Lamberg was a warehouse of guns and ammunition, canteen, power station and a guard room. The battery was also a spare command post of Pillau’s antiaircraft defense system.
  • UNKNOWN LAND
    Pillau fortress: Western fort 1869-1871, Baltic spit.
  • UNKNOWN LAND
    Pillau fortress: Western fort 1869-1871, Baltic spit.
  • UNKNOWN LAND
    Fort # 3 Fortification structure of Kenigsberg fortress city, one of twelve main forts of the fort belt, built in 1879. The two-level building contains barracks, an infirmary, a kitchen, a canteen, warehouses of ammunition, food, equipment and fuel, a guardroom, a boiler house, workshops and ancillary premises.
  • UNKNOWN LAND
    On both sides of the central gallery, there are interior yards used as transport junctions and shelters for guns.
  • UNKNOWN LAND
    Sheltered artillery positions were located on the battle shaft. They were equipped with ammunition lifts and observation facilities.
  • UNKNOWN LAND
    In the fortress part of the fort there are vaults with embrasures for flank fire.
  • UNKNOWN LAND
    The church was built in XIV century. For a long time, Sankt Lorenz was the place of worships for its parishioners. The last worship was held in March 1945.